#1 Nestor Salazar

Nestor Salazar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Stockholm

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

Hello everybody.

My name is Nestor Salazar. Am a new operator from Sweden. Am gonna finally purchase my first rig :D and I been looking for an arm. I have seen one but I heard thats something wrong with it. I just dont now how much problem that is.
I have attached some pics for you to look at. Hope you guys can see in the middle of the picture, inside the springs. like something is stuck.

My question is

- Is this a problem / can it be fixed, were and how much will it cost.??

Ive heard that they have tested it and it works fine. But it makes a clocking sound when you boom up or down.!!

- Another question that I have is how much this arm carries.?? As far as I now its a master arm.??

Hope somebody can Answer my questions.

Kind Regards

Nestor Salazar Manriquez

Attached Files

Edited by Nestor Salazar, 08 August 2007 - 09:36 PM.

#2 RobVanGelder

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 915 posts
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:43 AM

Looks like a collar from a spring got dislocated, it scratches against other parts and also I see a strange curve in the spring........ I suggest a serious check by an experienced operator and then very likely a good check/repair at Tiffen.

This might be not the only thing wrong with it, depending on the age. This Master arm can have other issues as well (hair-cracks)

#3 Jerry Holway

Jerry Holway

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 716 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

The scratched part looks like a Delrin (plastic) collar/guard and guide that should be clamped around the chome ring on the right of your pix. It's a pain to do this, BTW, so I suggest you contact Hofmann Technik and have someone there take a look at it.

Most likely it's not a big deal, but since someone used it like this, it should be examined, along with the springs, cables,... well, everything.

I suspect you have an arm that lifts between 40 and 65 lbs (20 - 45lbs "payload" with a 20 lb sled).

The curve in the spring is probably from the collar being displaced and the arm collapsing more than normal.

Omnishot Systems

Ritter Battery

Wireless Video Systems

GPI Pro Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Camera Motion Research

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech