#1 Norbert von der Heidt

Norbert von der Heidt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 151 posts
  • Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:46 AM

Hi all

I checked the archives but couldn't find any info on DYIing a 12v-24v switch system for a Master Broadcast sled. I'm hoping someone can help me with a source for the bits needed to do this as I'm quite prepared to fit it myself if I can get the parts.

Norbert :unsure:

#2 RobVanGelder

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 915 posts
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:40 AM

Hi Norbert, I have a Master with this 12/24 switch system. I did not make it myself, someone in the Netherlands did that.
I did take the sled apart a few times and know now a bit how this was done. But my sled has a custom made break-out box with a 3A top stage.
First of all, you need the 2 batteries on one support plate, but they must be wired through a high power diode, or they will start re/dis-charging on each other.

I must look up the exact wiring for the switch, my system has a 24volt output at the bottom, to power a 24 to 12V converter, and then that 12 volts goes up to the topstage, the monitor, accessory output (hirose).

Next week I can give you more details.

#3 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:26 PM

Hi Norbert,

Did you ever see this conversion:

Maybe something you want to check in...

Also I can't remember who, but someone used to make an Anton bauer plate that was sliding on the front dovetail instead of the inverter... so you can just pop an other AB battery on the front. And plugs into the banana receptacles...

Good Luck,

#4 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 442 posts
  • Almere, The Netherlands

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

Hi Norbert,

I'm not sure but maybe Afton can give you some advise.., see below link :

#5 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:35 PM

Hi Norbert,

I'd be happy to help as much as I can. Yes, I've made a snap-on 24V converter solution for my sled that works great. There are a few other ops that have used the same kit with great success as well. The unknown factor in your equation is the wiring in your sled. If I understand correctly, the Master Broadcast sleds were never made for 24V. I don't know if they just didn't come with a converter, or if the internal wiring and electronics are different, and if they are, HOW different. I would open that question up to Jerry or anyone else that might know the answer.

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions