Fill those unused Lemo plugs with style...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Frederic Chamberland

Frederic Chamberland

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 279 posts
  • Montreal

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:52 PM

Hi guys,

I was looking around my sled and found that there is a couple of IN/OUT plugs I never or rarely use. My last job got my sled so dusty I was wondering about protecting those fragile Lemo plugs from the elements.
I went to my technician and he got his Lemo connectors catalog out and found some plastic caps designed for the 2 sizes of plugs we encounter as PRO and Sachtler rigs owners. As usual, I found the price of those little plastic caps completly insane (Almost 8$ each cap, I had 17 holes to fill, 136$)....
So I went to my nearest electronic store to find some nice little soft rubber caps that fit so nicely, at a price everybody will cheer, 5 CENTS each... You just have to pinch them to take them out...And pinch yourself for not buying the Lemo ones...
It really is those nice little moments I enjoy in our quest for cheaper alternatives in a world where everything seems to start with a 1000$ tag...
Here is a picture of my Artemis top Junction box with my black rubber cap over the video in plug and the smallest ones (yellow) over the focus pwr... I even put some on my Bartech ("data out" and "power in" plugs you never use are now protected).

Frederic "Plug it in" Chamberland
Posted Image

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

rebotnix Technologies