2 replies to this topic

#1 Frank Rodriguez

Frank Rodriguez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Tampa, Florida

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

I have just purchased a steadicam flyer to use with my Canon XL2. Is there a an adapter for the canon that can be attached so that the camera won't fishtail. Currently, I only have the ability to to attach the one screw. General question: is any one thing or things that one must have with this combination? Thanks in advance.

#2 Dave Wowchuk

Dave Wowchuk

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 123 posts
  • Winnipeg, MB Canada

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

I have just purchased a steadicam flyer to use with my Canon XL2. Is there a an adapter for the canon that can be attached so that the camera won't fishtail. Currently, I only have the ability to to attach the one screw. General question: is any one thing or things that one must have with this combination? Thanks in advance.

Hey Frank,

You can get the Canon TA-100 tripod adapter plate (B&H Photo) which will give the camera firm support on your sled. It also helps for quick conversion from Steadicam to handheld, or to sticks (if you have another adapter plate.) I have this setup, and it works very, very nicely.

Dave

#3 Frank Rodriguez

Frank Rodriguez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Tampa, Florida

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

Hey Frank,

You can get the Canon TA-100 tripod adapter plate (B&H Photo) which will give the camera firm support on your sled. It also helps for quick conversion from Steadicam to handheld, or to sticks (if you have another adapter plate.) I have this setup, and it works very, very nicely.

Dave

Thanks Dave

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems

IDX

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions