Play in PRO junction box

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maxfischer

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:45 PM

On my shoot yesterday, I found myself having to rebalance verytime I moved the sled. Obviously something was loose. George at GPI reminded me to made sure that the Donkey Box side-to-side friction screw was tight enough, it was. I also shecked the camera and all mount points, everything was good.

I just took apart my sled (PRO 2 post/J-box, battery cage, Donkey Box 2), and found that the junction box coild spin slightly (maybe 1/32") from the thin piece of metal directly above it (it is almost like a cover for the junction box, exact same size and about 1mm thick, directly below the donkey box).

From the top of the Donkey box, I made sure that the 4 Phillips screws and 4 allens were tight (I don't even know what they're for, so I didn't force them or take anything apart. Anyone know how I can tighten this up? I'm assuming that everytime I pan, the weight of the camera is making the whole Donkey box spin. Thanks very much in advance! max.

#2 Jeff Muhlstock SOC

Jeff Muhlstock SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 240 posts
  • New Jersey, USA

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:41 PM

This may be the obvious, but if you have not checked, there are 2 allen type screws under the D-box that will tighten some play. These screws control the friction of the fore and aft threads so do not over tighten. I have found that from time to time they get to loose and create some play. But as always, if you have a problem with your PRO, call GPI, Im sure they will assist you.

Omnishot Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies