1 reply to this topic

#1 Gordon Li-Ron

Gordon Li-Ron

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 57 posts
  • North Hollywood

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

I wanted to post a picture from a ridiculous job I did this weekend. I thought it might be a good idea to create this thread so we can see the type of jobs us newbs are working on.

Anyways....here is the rundown. Typical super low-budget horror movie. Camera is ARRI 2B....NO videotap! I had to mount a mini-dv camera ontop of the matte box. No follow focus or focus puller...SO SET IT AND FORGET IT! :unsure:

Attached File  arri1.jpg   93.13KB   355 downloads

Attached File  arri2.jpg   79.31KB   218 downloads

I hope more NEWBS like myself will post pics of their set-ups. I think it would be cool to see the other end of the spectrum in the steadicam world.

For some of you really new to this site....you need to be a sustaining member to post images. It costs like $30 roughly... i think. You should do it anyway. This site is managed by a lot of cool people (FOR FREE) and they deserve our gratitude!

Thanks again to all moderators and Tim Tyler for this site!

#2 Peter Schmehl

Peter Schmehl

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 43 posts
  • Munich, Germany

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

Hey Gordon,

how are you doing? Remember the workshop in '05? That was fun. :) I'm glad to see you got your own rig by now, just finished "collecting" mine. :)

I will post or send you pics from crappy setups if I got them. Hope everything is cool with you and you enjoyed doing the horror flick. hehe

take care,

Varizoom Follow Focus

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Camera Motion Research

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems