3 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 507 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

I have an Anton Bauer InterActive 2000 quad charger. Every now and then I get a "Current Fault - Remove Batteries" error and the thing beeps like mad until I remove all the batts, pull the power, and reset. Seems random as I cycle through the same batteries and mostly have no issues.

Anybody know what's going on here? I'll call Anton Bauer but it's the weekend so can't get in touch with them until Monday. Just wondering if anyone knows what's going on and how to remedy the situation.

Thanks.

Dan

#2 Chris Konash

Chris Konash

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 111 posts
  • New Jersey

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:22 PM

"Current Fault" comes from a battery that has an internal malfunction. It has nothing to do with the charger it is a battery thing.

Chris Konash

#3 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 507 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:41 AM

Ok, that makes sense. I do have one battery that's really funky but I'm milking it for all it's worth. I'm surprised that the "intelligent" charger doesn't specify which battery is problematic and continue charging the good ones. Oh well - the info helps, thanks.

Dan

#4 pauldudeck

pauldudeck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 140 posts
  • Shelton, CT

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

Ok, that makes sense. I do have one battery that's really funky but I'm milking it for all it's worth. I'm surprised that the "intelligent" charger doesn't specify which battery is problematic and continue charging the good ones. Oh well - the info helps, thanks.

Dan

Dan,

Yes, it is probably a bad/old battery causing the problem. The battery probably has a dead shorted cell, which the charger sees as a short and then causes itself to shut down to protect itself from the short.

Regards,
Paul

Wireless Video Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Boland Communications

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

IDX

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies