2 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Zeigler

Scott Zeigler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:57 PM

Hey everyone my name is Scott and I'm a newb.

I know that this website has some great newb info waiting to be discovered, however I can't seem to find that one special topic page. I have been searching this entire forum for about a hour now and have only come across the pages where a newb (like me) asks some newb questions (like what?s the best website?) and then gets told to look harder.

Can anyone post a link to a great "here's some newb answers" post in this forum?

#2 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

Hi Scott,

Welcome. Please change your username to your full name when you get a chance.

It might not be a bad idea to have a sticky post answering the "what's the best..." "where can I..." questions. In fact, Scott, you could probably do a search on those keyphrases and come up with what you're looking for. Either way, the same questions do get asked repeatedly, and perhaps a sticky post here in the newbie section would help answer a number of those common preliminary questions.

#3 Mark Calver

Mark Calver

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 56 posts
  • Houston

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

Can anyone post a link to a great "here's some newb answers" post in this forum?

Hey Scott,

Im pretty new myself and when ever I have a question I just search for it. Like he said there is already the answer to any question you have, because someone else has most likely asked it before. The search tab is useful but make sure that you keep the keywards simple. Its harder to search by phrases well atleast from my experience.

Camera Motion Research

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC