5 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 261 posts
  • London

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:52 AM

Can anyone tell me what this camera is like weight wise? comparable to a Sony 750 or 900 or smaller alltogether?

#2 Sydney Seeber

Sydney Seeber

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 376 posts
  • Hermosa Beach

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

Are you doing sports with this camera, with triax? It's a little lighter than a typical HDCAM, as it's not a camcorder, in fact, I remember it being REALLY light... I've used it doing local sports shooting in both SD and HD... I think it's got the same sensors as the Viper, but I'm not 100% on that...

#3 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 261 posts
  • London

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:11 AM

Are you doing sports with this camera, with triax? It's a little lighter than a typical HDCAM, as it's not a camcorder, in fact, I remember it being REALLY light... I've used it doing local sports shooting in both SD and HD... I think it's got the same sensors as the Viper, but I'm not 100% on that...

Yeah ive been asked to work on a sports gig with one of these with triax and im worried it may be a little too light for my set up (nexus/3a arm). Same weight as a Digibeta 790 maybe? or lighter still:(?

#4 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 444 posts
  • Almere, The Netherlands

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:30 AM

Yeah ive been asked to work on a sports gig with one of these with triax and im worried it may be a little too light for my set up (nexus/3a arm). Same weight as a Digibeta 790 maybe? or lighter still:(?

Hi Stephen,

Weight specs :

4,3 kg(9,6 lbs) incl. 2" viewfinder and CompactHD adapter
5,0 kg(11 lbs) incl. 2 "viewfinder and TriaxHD adapter

Maybe you can arrange a Wireless HD adapter.. the weight of that, don't know.
So yes, for you setup maybe a bit to light.., but maybe the lens delivers the weight you need but in case of a Fuijnon lens for example.. it delivers some 2.0 kg (4,7 lbs)..

Best, Erik

in my case without the viewfinder+nice lens will even fit within the max lbs of the flyer :lol:

#5 RobinThwaites

RobinThwaites

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Pinewood UK

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

Hi Stephen

Nice camera but the weight builds up with all the accessories that are usually fitted. Watch out for heavy power consumption.

Robin

#6 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 261 posts
  • London

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

Hi Stephen

Nice camera but the weight builds up with all the accessories that are usually fitted. Watch out for heavy power consumption.

Robin

thanks guys - thats helped a lot

IDX

Engineered Cinema Solutions

BOXX

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

SkyDreams

PLC Electronics Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus