5 replies to this topic

#1 Oliver Roetz

Oliver Roetz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:10 AM

Hi guys,

I am in San Francisco for the next couple of days, shooting some travel program. I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good place where I can buy some stuff...like a Kamio ringlight or sound accessories? Maybe a kind of B & H's little brother? ;) Searching the net I found quite a lot of places in LA of course but is there something in SF? It is not urgent, just that I'd like to do some shopping... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help

Oliver "my wife wanted to keep my credit card" Roetz

#2 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 507 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

You can try Adolph Gasser which is South of Market on 2nd or 3rd close to Mission. More of a photo store than film and video, but they do have a film and video department on the 2nd floor.

Expensive but discounts for students if you have an old ID...

You can also check out DTC grip across the Bay Bridge in Emeryville: www.dtcgrip.com. They have tons of stuff and there's another grip place in the city in the Mission district right around 20th and Harrison but for the life of me, I can't remember what it's called. Anyone?

Dan

#3 bobgilles

bobgilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:07 PM

That would be JCX, Janet is the owner and she is super flexible and she has sold and crewed
many features and primetime episodics, Gasser's tends to be a bit pricey, but they actually rent
an SK system. I think the Band Pro in Burbank is you best bet for SF customers, it is a cheap
quick flight on Southwest and you can demo in their showroom, I would go this route if I was
making a major purchase.

#4 bobgilles

bobgilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

In SF, JCX has more Kinoflo stuff in stock that anyone, but DTC is a close second and sell Dedo's too.

#5 Gordon Li-Ron

Gordon Li-Ron

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 57 posts
  • North Hollywood

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

You can try Adolph Gasser which is South of Market on 2nd or 3rd close to Mission.

I'm from the bay and I've always wondered why nobody thought it might be a bad idea to name something with ADOLPH and GASSERS. WTF?

Anyways, I've always gone to DTC....heard many good things about JCX though

#6 Oliver Roetz

Oliver Roetz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:53 AM

Guys,

thanks a lot...I appreciate it. Unfortunately I was not able to shop at all. As usual we changed the schedule regularly and in the end I did not spend one single dollar...

Oliver

GPI Pro Systems

BOXX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

IDX

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

Engineered Cinema Solutions

SkyDreams

Wireless Video Systems