#1 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 444 posts
  • Almere, The Netherlands

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:03 AM

Hi all,

Did a corperate today, needed some lowmode shots. First time with this Rig, so did the quick option, upside down Camera.
Flip function did work, mirror don't...

Is this a known problem with the Flyer Sled.. and how do i resolve this ?

Thanx, Erik

Edited by Erik Brul, 14 May 2007 - 09:05 AM.

#2 chris fawcett

chris fawcett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Europe

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:19 AM

Hi Erik,

Yes, this is a known problem. The problem is you didn't know about it in time. I understand that Tiffen will be happy to correct it.

Surely you didn't flip the monitor as well? It should have been OK just inverting the rig and tilting the monitor bracket.

All the best.,

Chris

I'm back in town for a couple aof weeks, so give me a call.

#3 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hi Erik,

Yes, this is a known problem. The problem is you didn't know about it in time. I understand that Tiffen will be happy to correct it.

Surely you didn't flip the monitor as well? It should have been OK just inverting the rig and tilting the monitor bracket.

All the best.,

Chris

I'm back in town for a couple aof weeks, so give me a call.

Nop, i didn't flip the monitor as well, just tilting the monitor. The Flip/Flop went automaticly. After this tried the mirror function, on/off no difference.

More bad luck.., the protection rubber on the gimbal which prevents scratches between gimbal and handgrip on the post went of. Can this be clued with fast glue, or don't bother.. and leave it of.

Erik

#4 RobinThwaites

RobinThwaites

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Pinewood UK

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

Hi Erik
Send an email to my desk and I will pick it up when I get back from Russia next week. Re the rubber bumper, just glue it back on. Super glue will do it but makes the rubber go hard and I don't like super glue around gimbals, EvoStik (rubbe rbased impact adhesive) would be better.

Robin

#5 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

Hi Erik
Send an email to my desk and I will pick it up when I get back from Russia next week. Re the rubber bumper, just glue it back on. Super glue will do it but makes the rubber go hard and I don't like super glue around gimbals, EvoStik (rubbe rbased impact adhesive) would be better.

Robin

Today i received a complete new monitor from Tiffen. I was just returned from a corperate shoot and put directly the monitor on the Rig. Miror is now possible and works great.
The shot last week went however well and was great considering the mis-orientation of left/right..

Thanks Robin and thanks to Tiffen for this great customer service !!!

Best, Erik

#6 RobinThwaites

RobinThwaites

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Pinewood UK

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:43 AM

Hi Erik

Robin

Today i received a complete new monitor from Tiffen. I was just returned from a corperate shoot and put directly the monitor on the Rig. Miror is now possible and works great.
The shot last week went however well and was great considering the mis-orientation of left/right..

Thanks Robin and thanks to Tiffen for this great customer service !!!

Best, Erik

Hi Erik
You are welcome, I thought the alternative mirror brain flip surgery might be a bit drastic.

Robin

IDX

BOXX

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Teradek

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Boland Communications