2 replies to this topic

#1 Jaron Berman

Jaron Berman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 104 posts
  • LA, CA

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

I just got off the phone with a company called FPDGROUP. They are a large manufacturer of military and OEM LCD panels, etc. One of their services is a transflexive modification to existing monitors. Basically, any monitor from 3" to 100" they can do the mod to. I found this place through a friend who had a cheap 7" panel done with their mod, and the result was incredible. SO, I'm the lab rat now. I have a Marshall V-R65p-HD monitor to send in and have the modification done. The monitor is just under $3000 at B&H and has component, composite, and HD/SD-SDI inputs (as well as 3 color tally). This particular monitor is interesting because of the size, inputs, and decent resolution (800x480)...but also because it has framing guides. They aren't true, adjustable framelines, but there are a number of options including 2.35:1. I believe this is the exact same monitor as the steadicam HD-Brite 7" HD-SDI.

SO, the nitty gritty - the mod costs $195 per monitor when you get 10 monitors done at the same time. At first, they refused me when I asked for one. They apparently stopped doing single monitors for lack of profit - it's a cleanroom procedure. BUT, I managed to get the guy to agree for $950. So, all-told, it could be a daylight viewable hd-sdi/component hd/composite monitor for about $4000. Or it could be a total waste. If it works though, the price could easily be about $3000 flat if someone does a bulk buy. In the meantime, I'm hoping I didn't just throw away a grand... but I'll keep people posted.

#2 Guido Lux

Guido Lux

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 161 posts
  • Munich/Germany

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:14 PM

This could be it!!!! I'm still looking for a decent HD monitor!Transvideo is coming out with a brand new one in july!!But I guess it won't be bright enough!?!
Lets wait and see!
What about your mod??Any news on your marshall hd??Sounds very interesting!!!
Please,do keep us posted!!!

cheers, Guido

#3 mark morgan

mark morgan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 177 posts
  • honolulu,hawaii

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

aloha guido,
check out nebtek.com
they are coming out with a very nice hd monitor