3 replies to this topic

#1 guillermo nespolo

guillermo nespolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:52 PM

i have see a lot of used walter klassen for sale in a few days on this forum ,....its that posible ..to sale a tailor made vest and work for other person?
or the vest have to go for a remaking...? its that posible?

guillermo nespolo bs as argentina

#2 Bryan Trieb SOC

Bryan Trieb SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 150 posts
  • Los Angeles / Toronto

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:09 AM

Funny, I was wondering the same thing! The Klassen harness is definately on my list...and I'm always interested in "used" gear that's been expensive and "loved" by the owner as most of our gear is generally.
Guillermo....you gonna grab one?

#3 WalterKlassen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:45 PM

hi guys,

Jennifer here again.

We have definitely had some successful reselling of our harnesses, usually an operator sells when he wants to upgrade from an older to a newer harness. It can absolutely work fine as long as the two operators (buyer and seller) are relatively the same fit, though we can work with adding/removing foam padding etc. to componsate for some difference. This doesn't require bringing the harness to our shop for any custome fitting unless the buyer wants something specific done to it.

Walter often works with operators when they sell their harness to help compare the fit and compatability of potential buyers. This process works best when we have the measurements of the person looking to buy so we can cross reference with the harness for sale. We take measurements of people at shows like CineGear and Cinec, but there is also a "measure yourself" section on our web site.

hope that helps,

Jennifer :)

Edit: Bryan, I just noticed you're here in TO. have we measured you before? you should come visit the shop some time.

#4 Bryan Trieb SOC

Bryan Trieb SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 150 posts
  • Los Angeles / Toronto

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:47 PM

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for the extra info!
Yes, I'm in T.O. and I would love to come visit your shop. The major reason you haven't measured me or seen me at your shop is because I have this bad habit of writing big cheques too easily...and I'm trying to be diciplined these days, as I have a few more purchases to make before the Klassen Harness. I plan to operate steadicam for a while so it's only a matter of time before we meet I'm sure!

All the best,

PLC Electronics Solutions

Camera Motion Research

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems