2 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:50 PM

Anyone used this monitor? Check it out at astro
You will need to click on the monitor on the right and then scroll down and click on DM-3005. It's a 6 inch SD/HD monitor. I guess it was at NAB, but I don't remember hearing anything about it. I'm just curious what the price is and also if anyone has any personal experience with it.

#2 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:48 PM

The Astro in different generations has been around for a few years and is very commonly supplied with HD packages. I've used this and other models in the past. It's lousy in brightness, NITS and off-axis viewing. I often can't see the screen at all unless I mash my head directly up inside the hood. The new Panasonic 8.4" screen seriously outperforms it and is less expensive, but I still wouldn't reccomend that for exterior use.

#3 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:48 AM

The Astro in different generations has been around for a few years and is very commonly supplied with HD packages.

I've seen many Astro monitors before, but I hadn't seen this one. Just curious was all. I have no plans of buying one. I would buy the Panasonic first, or even the Tiffen monitor. Thanks for the info Mitch.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems