• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Niall povey

Niall povey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

Has any one tryed a panasonic HVX202 on a merlin? Steadicam list it in the cook book , but I cant get to balance , mind you the weight they say the merlin can take is less that the 202 weights. Claimed weight with abattery and one card is 2,8 kilo's So ... can it be done?

#2 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 774 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

I realy use the anteler every time I need it. The antlers rules ok. Had a problem...it´so heavy... but the result are so fine to use it. For inertial moments or augmentinens.. I prefer the antler. (I ´ve an ultra2).
For precission "travelling"... arround 3-6 meters... and uping or downing camera...view... the antlers..helps you to have a very fine precission.
Amando Crespo :)

#3 Lukas Franz

Lukas Franz

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 187 posts
  • Zurich, Switzerland

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:47 AM

Hi Niall,

I don't know the weight the Merlin is able to carry. I think, something about 5 pounds. Well, the question is, are you able to carry over 6 pounds (2.8kg) handheld? Because I think, the HVX200 (or 202 in down under) is too heavy for any handheld stuff. Yes, my arm already fell off ones after using the camera in one hand :(

Well anyway, I think, the HVX200 and the Merlin doesn't fit together. Read the specifications.

Cheers, Lukas

#4 RobinThwaites

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Pinewood UK

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

Hi Guys

I have balanced an HVX-200 on the Merlin, all weights on, 2 memory cards (they are heavier than tape and sit high) small battery and no wide angle. You definitely dont want long shots but the arm and vest will help when available.

Robin Thwaites

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

Camera Motion Research

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

GPI Pro Systems