• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LaytonBurton

LaytonBurton

• Sustaining Members
  • 17 posts
  • Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:53 AM

Hello to all. I am, perhaps, the newest member of the forum. My name is Layton Burton. I live in western Canada, Saskatchewan to be precise. I own and operate an MK-V Evolution. I've been operating since September of 2000. I"ve done commercials, features and tv series. I come from a small city of 200,000 people with a thriving film industry. I love steadicam, and anything related. I'm going to be 43 years old this summer, so I am perhaps considered 'old' by many of you young bucks. A particular 'hello' to BJ McConnell, whom I did a steadi course with in Malibu back in 2000. Anyway, thought it would be decent of me to let you know a bit about me. I look forward to asking all kinds of questions, as I feel somewhat isolated from steadicam information being up here. By the way, I do love my 'Evolution' and Howard and Sue at MK-V have been 'above and beyond' in the service aspect. Cheers, Layton.

#2 guillermo nespolo

guillermo nespolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:00 PM

glad to hear that ..im also a owner of a mk-v and i love it ..susan its a angel and howard its the demosn ho keeps taking out things to buy .....and if u have somes problems or questions let me now .....
guillermo nespolo bs as argentina

#3 LaytonBurton

LaytonBurton

• Sustaining Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:10 PM

Thanks, Guillermo! Yes, I know what you mean about Howard and pulling stuff out to buy! Yeah, let's stay in touch with any MK-V questions! Thanks again. Cheers, Layton.

#4 KarloTomic

KarloTomic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Toronto, Ontario

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:21 PM

Hey Layton
I grew up in Hamilton/Toronto but was born in Regina, so it's always a pleasure to meet a fellow prarie dog! Good to meet you baby!
Karlo

#5 BJMcDonnell SOC

BJMcDonnell SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 387 posts
  • Malibu, Ca.

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:38 AM

YO Layton!

BJ here sayin Wazzzuuuppppp????? When you gonna come down and visit Cali again? How are things going for ya! Well Drop me a line sometime. Good to see you on the forum.

BJ McDonnell
323-868-7330

#6 Jeremy Benning

Jeremy Benning

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 30 posts
  • toronto, ontario, canada

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:15 PM

Hey Layton,

Welcome to the forum - if you ever come out to visit Walter Klassen or any of the other dealers here in Toronto, drop me a line!

#7 LaytonBurton

LaytonBurton

• Sustaining Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:08 AM

Hey, thanks Jeremy, I do get to T.O. on numerous occasions so expect a call. Cheers, Layton.

PLC Electronics Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Boland Communications

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

The Moses Pole - Steadicam Monopod

Ritter Battery

Wireless Video Systems

GPI Pro Systems

BOXX

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Paralinx LLC