1 reply to this topic

#1 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2208 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

What could be better than to be hanging out in the camera truck or in a corner of the stage, posting away in the forum or checking one's email on the laptop (on the studio's dime)? Might just be the blessed revenge for dwindling rates...anyway, it's always cool when there's Wifi on the stage but otherwise, I've been frustrated that I pay an extra $40 a month to Verizon for the data service on my phone but they have disabled the "phone as modem" feature (unless you pony up something like $50 a month additional to that!) Then I found the following. Not that I would use such a thing, it's just, ah, interesting.

A good friend of mine who uses this reports that it is a bit erratic, you get bumped off at odd times and the speed is at most 230kbps (with Verizon's EVDO service), but the hack can be used with most carriers and it beats not having anything!

#2 Robert Starling SOC

Robert Starling SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1133 posts
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:36 PM

but the hack can be used with most carriers and it beats not having anything!

Hi Charles, I did the DUN hack on my Treo 600 and then on my 650 and managed to share it via Bluetooth once on the 650 with my Powerbook G4. It never was very effective and it made my Treo (sprint) even more bugged out than it was to start.

Look around, there are other DUN hacks out there as well as a cool WiFi hack that lets you run the Palm WiFi SD card made for the Tungsten series on your Treo. That's a worthwhile hack that I used a lot until that Treo got stolen from my car. I even manage VOIP with it which is of course why the carriers don't want you using WiFi on your Treo. Sorry my geek is coming out!

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

Camera Motion Research