CRT flat monitors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blackmesa8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 12:12 PM

Yo all im a n00b to this forum and monitor technolagy etc and im really confused.
I've heared that no flat monitors are truly flat accept the LG 100% flat monitors
like this one i heared on other forums and a review that most monitors are only flat externaly on there outer glass but internaly there curved.
is this true thats what i want to know basicly, if it is what monitors are truly flat
would a compaq monitor be truly flat.

my friend has a flat compaq monitorand it looks completely flat and im sure it is. you can even test it with a ruler and it comes out flat its picture and outer glass so if any1 can enlighten me about any of this that would help alot.

#2 Jeremy Benning

Jeremy Benning

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 30 posts
  • toronto, ontario, canada

Posted 01 May 2004 - 01:26 PM

I use a LaCie 22 blue IV (CRT) at home, and it is marvelously flat. The aperture grill is a a big part of what makes straight lines on the screen actually straight - and the LaCie boasts a perfectly flat aperture grill.

I know that with the Sony Wega technology, they use dynamic beam focusing so that the image is re-focused on the fly to keep the screen's edges sharp. This is probably true of any flat CRT monitor - so this makes me think that the glass is virtially flat, and the electron beam is modified. Any other theories out there?

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Camera Motion Research

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems