#1 Andrew Gibbins

Andrew Gibbins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Leyland, Lancs, England

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks to all the advice and guidance I have recieved so far. As I have gone deeper into research I have spotted a few other models apart from the Flyer. I was just wondering what the primary differences were. Also, does any one know where I can get a proper price guide for all rigs available in the UK?

Cheers,

Andrew

:ph34r:

#2 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:59 PM

The Mini was replaced by the Flyer. Because of obvious reasons... The Arm... no comparison and other vast improvements.
The SK2 was a step down from the ProVid and had only a single action articulated arm.

Price guides... sorry. You have to do the leg work / Online research. Just make a list of the rigs available and contact all the manufacturers and resellers...

Good Luck,

Erwin

#3 Andrew Gibbins

Andrew Gibbins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

The Mini was replaced by the Flyer. Because of obvious reasons... The Arm... no comparison and other vast improvements.
The SK2 was a step down from the ProVid and had only a single action articulated arm.

Price guides... sorry. You have to do the leg work / Online research. Just make a list of the rigs available and contact all the manufacturers and resellers...

Good Luck,

Erwin

Thanks Erwin - you have eliminated the competition for me so The Flyer it shall be!

Regards,

Andrew

#4 Fabrice Maurel

Fabrice Maurel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 42 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:17 AM

[/quote]
Thanks Erwin - you have eliminated the competition for me so The Flyer it shall be!

Regards,

Andrew
[/quote]

You won't regret it. it really is a wonderfull rig. I have had mine for about 3 month now and this thing keeps amazing me. Just keep in mind that you'll have to practice a lot before getting good result. But once you start getting it, the potential is amazing. Start exercising your back... :)

#5 RobinThwaites

RobinThwaites

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Pinewood UK

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:15 AM

Hi Andrew

Give me a call if you want to chat about Flyers etc. I am in the Middle East next week but will be back after that - or you can mail me. 01869 343835, robin.thwaites@tiffen.com.

Robin

#6 Andrew Gibbins

Andrew Gibbins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:49 AM

Thanks Robin - I'll send you an email later this weekend when I get chance :D

Regards,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew

Give me a call if you want to chat about Flyers etc. I am in the Middle East next week but will be back after that - or you can mail me. 01869 343835, robin.thwaites@tiffen.com.

Robin

#7 Jaron Berman

Jaron Berman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 104 posts
  • LA, CA

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

Shameless plug, but I may have a Flyer that needs a new home.

berman@trueentertainment.net

Teradek

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

IDX

Ritter Battery

SkyDreams

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

BOXX

PLC - Bartech