2 replies to this topic

#1 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:57 AM

When doing live music shows and using a focuspuller/spotter i would like to have intercom contact with him. The tv truck provide these things but mostly in am unhappy with just a porto with headset. I am looking for a system to " hear " my assistent. Can be one way traffic. It needs to be a good sound quality and prefer it can handle loud sounds. Inear or something. Anyone??

#2 chuck colburn

chuck colburn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:07 AM

When doing live music shows and using a focuspuller/spotter i would like to have intercom contact with him. The tv truck provide these things but mostly in am unhappy with just a porto with headset. I am looking for a system to " hear " my assistent. Can be one way traffic. It needs to be a good sound quality and prefer it can handle loud sounds. Inear or something. Anyone??

Hi Job,

What ever radio you use find one that will allow you to attach a "Noise cancalling mic." to it. These are what private pilots use when flying to cancell out the ambient back ground noise. This will make it easier for all involved to hear each other.

Chuck

#3 Simon Jayes

Simon Jayes

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 57 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:52 AM

Dear Job,

I have had quite a bit of experience with the Telex/RTS intercom systems and can certainly vouch that they have served me very well.

http://www.telex.com/intercoms/

However, recently, I have heard great things about the systems offered by HME, although I have not used them personally.

http://www.hme.com/proAudio.cfm

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

SkyDreams

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

BOXX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions