1 reply to this topic

#1 Ron Veto

Ron Veto

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 49 posts
  • Los Angeles, California

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:59 AM

I was just wondering the pro/cons of adding this hardware to my collection. If it gave me an real different low ride with the lens lower than high mode can be low, it make for more dynamic shots. Maybe not switching back and forth from low to high. That would be sweet. What do the operators think?
Well, I purchased the 3" low mode arm. I'll let you guys know whats up.

#2 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:25 AM

Are you now talking about the vest in general or just to add the Drop down arm?

The Vest in general is a great addition to your tool kit. It makes a bunch of shots easier to manage, like long shots. Your Look Off's will improve. You can stay longer in the rig and handle heavier cameras (both not necessarily a good thing). It makes breathing easier. It saves your back... taking in consideration that your hips, knees and ankles will go first...

I have been using my backmount for over 4 years now and only had miner issues (like the leg tingle)... but I recently added a Front mount too (actually on order from PRO). Running and stairs are not ideal with the backmount. As well as sometimes you can't afford to take out door frames or the like... specially in antic or multi million dollar mansions.

My suggestion is have both,

Also check more topics under Vests in this forum... there is an abundance of posts, like "Multiple Vests" and the like,

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Camera Motion Research

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech