#1 David Shawl SOC

David Shawl SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 102 posts
  • Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:28 PM

Hey All,

I'm curious to who is signed up for the upcoming workshop and a little about yourself. I'm Dave from Bethesda, Maryland. I'm a senior film production student at Emerson College in Boston. I began with a handheld Glidecam in high school and then when I found out my college owned a body-worn Glidecam V-16, I worked my way to being a regular operator for student films and live video productions. I recently purchased a Glidecam Gold from Job Scholtze in the Netherlands and have started a small business in Boston for freelance camera operating. I finish my last semester of school at a internship program in Los Angeles next September and then I plan to live in LA and test the waters. I am really looking forward to the workshop and meeting you all. There is nothing cooler than spending an entire week learning the art of this craft from the best.

See ya

Dave Shawl

#2 Alan Dague-Greene

Alan Dague-Greene

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 48 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:54 AM

I'll be at the workshop, too, coming from Boulder, Colorado. I'm a graphic designer / web designer / type designer by day. A year ago, I finished my home-built rig and began taking this hobby very seriously. I've taken two of Peter Abraham's workshops and went to NAB last year. I'm currently doing as many projects as I can on weekends, for practice and to meet people.

This year, I'll be at NAB again, then the Pennsylvania workshop a month later. I hope to purchase a real rig around that time. I have no idea if I can make this work, but I'm going to give it my best.

See you at the workshop, Dave!

#3 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 774 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:13 AM

Hi! boys.
I jus´t made the workshop at switterland (February), and the sperience was great. I think that is the best way to star working like steadicam operator or get more experience. If you´ll made the next workshop... You are in lucky.

#4 Kevin Krautle

Kevin Krautle

• Sustaining Members
  • 15 posts
  • Bronx, NY

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

Hi, my name is Kevin. I would like to say HI! I will be also attending the May workshop. Currently I am a thriving college Hi, my name is Kevin. I would like to say HI! to everyone in the forum! (First post!) I will be also attending the May workshop. Currently I am a thriving college student attending the beautiful Hofstra University. I am originally from Canada and now currently live in Westchester, NY for the past few years. I scratched the surface of steadicam with the Glidecam 2000 but now it is time to step up. I decided that now is the time to take a course to say away from the ?bad habits,? and also to learn which rig is for me. Currently I am eyeing the lightweight flyer, but I undecided, but that is what the course is for!

I am excited to meet everybody! I do have to give my regards to this entire forum and say Thank You. The wealth of information that hides within here is astonishing. From the basics that I have learned a lot from JobScholtze (and respect dearly), to Jim Bartel with his beautiful posts about everything follow focus (You will be most likly seeing a check from me in the coming year(s)). Thanks.

Kevin ?eager to take the course and learn? Krautle

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Camera Motion Research

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

Omnishot Systems