#1 kip ross

kip ross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Crabcake Nebula

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

The chest and waist belts on my Flyer vest are something I?d like to replace. I lengthened the chest belts because they were to short for my GIANT chest. However, they are thin and tend to twist around (think licorice stick), so a more rigid belt/webbing stock would ideal.

And, the waist belt is starting to show fatigue, in that it?s getting curly on the end corners from repeated on/off/on/off etc. Sooooooo, would the vest ratchet buckles (Tiffen item # msc-079901) foot the bill as far as suitable replacements for the current belts?

I see nothing on the Barbizon site regarding these doodads.

Thanks for any input.

I will contact Tiffen and Barbizon on Tuesday, as well.

Kip Ross

#2 Brandon Thompson

Brandon Thompson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:40 PM

The chest and waist belts on my Flyer vest are something I?d like to replace. I lengthened the chest belts because they were to short for my GIANT chest. However, they are thin and tend to twist around (think licorice stick), so a more rigid belt/webbing stock would ideal.

And, the waist belt is starting to show fatigue, in that it?s getting curly on the end corners from repeated on/off/on/off etc. Sooooooo, would the vest ratchet buckles (Tiffen item # msc-079901) foot the bill as far as suitable replacements for the current belts?

I see nothing on the Barbizon site regarding these doodads.

Thanks for any input.

I will contact Tiffen and Barbizon on Tuesday, as well.

Kip Ross

I don't know if the ratchet belts will work or not, but I remember either Peter Abraham or Frank Rush telling about bigger straps for larger operators.

Brandon Thompson

#3 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

Indeed, I am working with Kip on this. He is saying the straps are folding over, something I've not seen before. ( I don't doubt him, I met and trained him ). The Big Boy straps are for men and women who want to order a Flyer vest with longer straps for the chest and waist. Added charge, I gotta check what that is.

At the other end of the scale, Tiffen makes the Compact " Laura " Vest for the Steadicam Flyer, for shorter and slimmer operators. Quite the hit, because it offers the snug fit the rest of us demand.

Peter Abraham

New York

IDX

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS