4 replies to this topic

#1 manzu rahman

manzu rahman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

Hi,

What is the difference between Steadicam Flyer / Flyer 24 / Flyer 24 SE ?

I want to use both video and 35mm camera. I dont need the $5000 HD monitor. Which one should I buy???

I found the information in Tiffen website little confusing. Can somebody please HELP me ?

Thanks.

#2 Fabrice Maurel

Fabrice Maurel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 42 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:21 AM

Both the Flyer 24 and 24SE can handle both 12V and 24V cameras, the regular Flyer can only handle 12V.
The difference between the 24 and the 24SE is the Monitor. One is HD, the other one is not.

#3 Robert Starling SOC

Robert Starling SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1134 posts
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:18 PM

What is the difference between Steadicam Flyer / Flyer 24 / Flyer 24 SE ?
Thanks.

If you're considering a Flyer purchase you have to contact Peter Abraham at www.TheSteadicamWorkshops.com. Few people know more about the Flyer than Peter.

Peter also teachs Flyer workshops all over the country (take one!) and he's a dealer, plus a genuinely good person.

Did I forget to mention that you should contact Peter ???

Best of luck!

#4 bobgilles

bobgilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:02 PM

I want the 24V feature, but do not need the super expensive HD monitor. Can you order a stock Flyer with just the 24V upgrade?

#5 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 444 posts
  • Almere, The Netherlands

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:26 PM

I want the 24V feature, but do not need the super expensive HD monitor. Can you order a stock Flyer with just the 24V upgrade?

That seems sofar not possible. There are lot of guys (including me) who like this Rig with 24V but without the monitor. At the moment TIFFEN has a demo/secondhand on their website. Some 24V flyers with some 2 or 3000 dollar discount. Take a look at :

http://www.steadicam...steadiUsed.html

Besides this there are ofcourse some other options. You can also upgrade at a later stage, or buy a another Sled like MK-V. I myself still looking for a second sled. Thinking about a Sachtler DV Rig Pro Sled.
It cost in EUR about 4500 ex taxes.., but then it includes 24V and HD/SDI thru the Sled.

I'm only not sure if a situation like the Arri 235 Camera on the Sachtler Sled + the Sled weight will remain within the total weight the Flyer Arm can handle..

Also have looked at the Marelll 12/24 power converter. Marell responded via email that they are worried about to many amps thru the wires of the Flyer Sled.., wires could be fried !

Best,

Erik

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Teradek

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

SkyDreams