2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 507 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

PRO is off on holiday for another week+ so I can't ask them. Hoping one of you can help.

Got the VZ upgrade from a 3rd party. Gimbal is all pieced together, but I can't get it to slide up the post. It seems to be hitting the top insert that tightens around the post and aside from loosening the quick release, I can't figure out how to loosen it any more.

Thanks for any guidance.

Dan

#2 nick franco

nick franco

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 258 posts
  • San Fernando, CA

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:34 PM

On the top of the gimbal, riight next to the post, is an adjustment for the insert at the top. It's the one with four slots in it, back that off and the insert can now slide. Once you get in on the post, snug the ring back down, slide the gimbal up before tightining the ring as I belive there is a taper in there that snugs the insert to the post. Thanks for you advise in the other post. Nick

#3 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 25 December 2006 - 01:39 AM

On the top of the gimbal, riight next to the post, is an adjustment for the insert at the top. It's the one with four slots in it, back that off and the insert can now slide. Once you get in on the post, snug the ring back down, slide the gimbal up before tightining the ring as I belive there is a taper in there that snugs the insert to the post. Thanks for you advise in the other post. Nick

sometimes the plastic insert slips down. If this is the case just use a small screw driver to hold it in position (at the top) while it is slid onto the post.

rb

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Teradek

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

SkyDreams

IDX

Ritter Battery