2 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Fasanella

Kyle Fasanella

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 94 posts
  • NYC

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:02 PM

Hye guys I got an offer from one of my film teachers at UCF http://imdb.com/name/nm0277446/ .

He will be shooting on a AJ-HDC20A HD camera.
It list the weight as
9.2 LBS
15.4 LBS in operation

does this mean with everything needed to accually shoot its 15.4?
has anyone blanced this on thier flyer?

and for first job how much should I charge? I have been practicing ever day since August 7.

a Dec. 30
(Saturday) shoot in Sarasota with crew and equipment coming from
various locations to arrive Friday PM and wrap out on Sunday. I can
arrange housing and cover (reasonable) transportation costs.
Rest to be shoot in May.

Thanks for everything. if you have any question feel free to ask.

#2 Kyle Fasanella

Kyle Fasanella

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 94 posts
  • NYC

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:45 AM

still need an idea on rate please someone HELP?!

#3 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2208 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:58 AM

Please see recent thread on rates posted on this public forum. Consider your producer being tipped off to the presence of this thread. If you don't think that would be an issue with him, you can probably just ask him directly how much money he has budgeted for Steadicam.

That camera looks like it should fly fine on your Flyer, certainly on the heavy end. Find out what type of batteries it is being supplied with (i.e. Anton Bauer, V-mount etc) to consider using theirs on your sled to power everything, which will save considerable weight.

A 2/3" HD camera will be a bit tough to use without wireless lens controls, which I'm assuming you might not have...? You should check with the DP to let them know that you have to work with a given fixed distance and make sure that the work planned can accomodate that, and if not look into renting at least a single channel BFD. Also ask if they have any iris pulls planned, which is pretty common on HD shoots especially on exterior day work that sees more than 90 degrees within a given shot, which would require a second channel. And make sure that there is a downconverter in the package for your monitor.

Also ask the DP if they intend to monitor the camera while you are shooting, i.e. work tethered. If so, you will want to get hold of a short (6') lightweight jumper BNC, otherwise you will be stuck working with the thick stuff.

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems

Camera Motion Research

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech