I'm a film student at Niagara College working on a project about the impact of the Steadicam, and I would love to have some input from some experts. If anyone would be able to answer the questions below I would be eternally grateful. Feel free to answer as many or as few of the questions as you feel comfortable with.
In addition, if any kind soul would be available for a phone interview that would be incredibly helpful.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, (905) 733-8287 by phone, or private message me if you could be of assistance.
Thank you all very much for your time,
1. How has the invention of the Steadicam changed the way directors and cinematographers compose their films visually, and what impact has this had on the way stories are told?
2. Can the Steadicam be overused, and can filmmakers be paralyzed by the freedom it affords and attempt to use it too much?
3. Where do you place the Steadicam in terms of technical achievement and impact in the history of the film industry?
4. How has the Steadicam changed the job of camera operating?
5. Would you consider the Steadicam to now be an essential filmmaking tool?
6. In what situations have you seen the Steadicam used improperly, or unnecessarily?
7. What, if any, has been your experience with products that compete with the Steadicam (including homemade rigs)? Is there room for a rival Steadicam product?
8. Who in your estimation, be they director, cinematographer, or operator, uses the Steadicam to the best effect? What is your favourite Steadicam sequence?
9. What drew you to the Steadicam, and why did you decide to specialize in it?
10. What do you find most rewarding about working with the Steadicam?
11. In what ways could the Steadicam improve, and how do you foresee the Steadicam of the future?
12. Tell me a bit about yourself!
Help with college project
No replies to this topic