#1 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

A while ago, I posted a DIY guide for Master series owners to build a more reliable way to step up to 24V. It got rid of the old, block converter and replaced it with a simple Anton Bauer plate. I had a few inquiries by people that liked what I had done asking if it was something I could do for them.

Finally, the necessary parts have returned from the machinist and I do have a few ready to go for anyone that is interested.

The original tutorial is here:

The new kits can be seen here:

Posted Image

The difference between the two is primarily in the connector plate and pins. Instead of harvesting a connector plate from an old converter, I had brand new ones machined specifically for this purpose. The banana plugs are also purchased new and the wire side of the connector plate has been properly insulated. All other parts - dovetail plate and Anton Bauer plate - are brand new.

The dovetail plate and connector plate are machined specifically for the Master series sleds. The aluminum Anton Bauer backing plate has been deliberately scoured to increase the epoxy bond between it and the dovetail plate.

I am asking $350 USD + shipping for the kit.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks very much!
Afton Grant

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems

Boland Communications

Camera Motion Research

PLC Electronics Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers