#1 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 507 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

http://rf-links.com/...o_senders.htm#9

I've been communicating with Steven S. from this company regarding their video transmitter. He claims it's better than the Modulus. It looks like a great product, but he has no evaluation models and their return policy is a 3-day trial, a 25% restocking fee(!), and the customer pays shipping and handling in both directions. That's pretty much a $500 gamble that the thing is going to work as promised.

I asked for a list of referrals but he said the customer list is confidential, which is understandable but not a great sales pitch.

Anybody know anything about this product? Anybody in LA have one I can look at?

Dan

#2 Jason Torbitt

Jason Torbitt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 401 posts
  • Manchester, London UK

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:39 PM

Whilst I can't testify to the quality of the product in question, I can support the company - I have purchased from them in the past, and received my item (omni-directional high gain antenna) with no problems or issues.

I did recognise their gear as they went through a spell of selling on ebay a year or so ago.

Like I say, I had no problems with their customer service and they shipped promptly.

#3 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:05 AM

"He claims it's better than the Modulus. It looks like a great product, but he has no evaluation models and their return policy is a 3-day trial, a 25% restocking fee(!), and the customer pays shipping and handling in both directions. That's pretty much a $500 gamble that the thing is going to work as promised."

Sounds like a deal breaker to me. If they can't support it more than that, why should we????

Sorry, but I've found that the guys that back their products (PRO, XCS, Bartech, Preston, Canatrans, etc.) have a great reputation for a reason.

#4 Matt Petrosky

Matt Petrosky

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 190 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:40 AM

Sounds like a deal breaker to me. If they can't support it more than that, why should we????

Sorry, but I've found that the guys that back their products (PRO, XCS, Bartech, Preston, Canatrans, etc.) have a great reputation for a reason.

FWIW I agree with Alec... if it's good you back it. That simple.

-Matt

IDX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

BOXX

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Engineered Cinema Solutions

SkyDreams

Wireless Video Systems

Teradek