• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keith Sims

Keith Sims

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:02 PM

I have a Mini, but the video supplied with the unit really does not answer any of my questions. One being the arm - it does not seem to be "correct" in it's function. The sled is all over the place and there is no tension or adjustments up & down. Now I realize this may be a drawback (financiall speaking) but there seems to be no hard - stabilization. I've used the JR and it worked like a charm.

So the question is - is there a DVD series that addresses the Mini only? I've looked into the workshops but most are all booked up. Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

#2 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 444 posts
  • Almere, The Netherlands

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

I have a Mini, but the video supplied with the unit really does not answer any of my questions. One being the arm - it does not seem to be "correct" in it's function. The sled is all over the place and there is no tension or adjustments up & down. Now I realize this may be a drawback (financiall speaking) but there seems to be no hard - stabilization. I've used the JR and it worked like a charm.

So the question is - is there a DVD series that addresses the Mini only? I've looked into the workshops but most are all booked up. Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith,

First of all, welcome to this great Forum.
If you use the search option and enter there 'steadicam mini' and choose all forums, and under date 'older'
you will find a lot of posts concerning the mini.

Second, the video you mentioned is possible the Steadicam SK(2) Video. This video is supplied with the SK2, The Flyer and as far as I know also with the Mini.
On the Mini arm is a tension knob which can be turned when the sled is under load, but be carefull.

Third, perhaps Peter Abraham can give you more tips and tricks. He is besides Master Operator also in love with all the mini steadicams like the Mini and the Flyer :)

Best, Erik

#3 Keith Sims

Keith Sims

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:31 PM

Danke Erik. I'll look into your suggestions!

Keith

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith,

First of all, welcome to this great Forum.
If you use the search option and enter there 'steadicam mini' and choose all forums, and under date 'older'
you will find a lot of posts concerning the mini.

Second, the video you mentioned is possible the Steadicam SK(2) Video. This video is supplied with the SK2, The Flyer and as far as I know also with the Mini.
On the Mini arm is a tension knob which can be turned when the sled is under load, but be carefull.

Third, perhaps Peter Abraham can give you more tips and tricks. He is besides Master Operator also in love with all the mini steadicams like the Mini and the Flyer :)

Best, Erik

PLC Electronics Solutions

Teradek

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

BOXX

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus