1 reply to this topic

#1 Jamie Hammond

Jamie Hammond

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 91 posts
  • Bedford Uk

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:25 PM

Hi, This post is mainly for UK op's but any help would be appreciated. The last couple of jobs I have worked on I have been asked for a steadicam risk assessment. I have never been asked before and have basically run the rule over with all involved on the shoot on a shot by shot basis and have always let the DP, the Director and the 1st AD know beforehand exactly what I can and can't do in regard to their needs, for my safety and theirs. I have now, again been asked for a risk assessment for a drama starting Monday. My question is do any of you guys have a risk assessment that I could use as a basis for my own. I havn't been involved with any of the reece's so do not know the extent of my requirements so it would have to be a generalised version. I searched the forum but only found the BBC's risk assessment which wasn't helpful at all and infact more of a ball and chain. Anyway enough of my late night ramberlings and mis-spelling,

Thanks in advance

J :blink:

#2 Jason Torbitt

Jason Torbitt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 401 posts
  • Manchester, London UK

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:36 AM

Hi Jamie,
I've never been asked for a formal Steadicam risk assessment yet - as you say, the way I'm sure we all handle it is to simply block the shot through beforehand, and as you say specify what is/isn't possible, what needs to be moved, what is unsafe, etc. It would be difficult, if not impossible to do without going on a full recce first, before the production, and that's usually a luxury which is quite rare.

It would be reasonably straightforward to draw one up - maybe I'll work on one for those 'just in case' occasions...

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech