#1 Leigh Hubner

Leigh Hubner

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 32 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to make a small comment regarding Don Wetzel at Palomar Engineering. I needed to buy another focus motor and thoughts I would try Don's M-One motor. I sent an email to him on a Tuesday night here in Australia. 10minutes later there was a response from Don, he had woken up rather early that morning, said he couldn't sleep well. He had my email and gave me some payment options. I paid that night (Tuesday Australian time) and figured I would see it in a week or so. I had a phone call from FedEx in Australia on the Thurday saying it would be ready on Friday afternoon to pick up. I couldn't believe it! Super fast and easy to deal with. I took the motor to a job the following week and before I could even take the motor for a spin, the camera assistant told me he had lost the small sleeve / spacer that fitted to the matte box rails. We searched high and low, no sign of it. (probably turn up in 2 years in some odd place) I sent an email to Don asking for prices on the spacer and if I could buy one. He told me to forget the price, he would send me a new set of spacers for free. They turned up about 4 days later. I am so happy with the motor and just wrapped with Don's service. Normally the trip to Australia takes a while, Im guessing he is heading into FedEx with a shotgun and demanding a quick trip!

Just wanted to share this story as I feel bad service often gets more of a mention over great service.

Leigh Hubner

Steadicam / Camera / Jib

PS Just landed my first big drama gig. It's an American drama being shot on the Gold Coast here in Australia. Seems to be several days a week at this stage, may increase over time. Absolutly loving it, even though Im shitting myself at the same time. Compared to TV, its a whole other world... but Im finding my feet! I will try and take some snaps of it next time Im there.

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

Camera Motion Research

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies