#1 Leigh Hubner

Leigh Hubner

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 32 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to make a small comment regarding Don Wetzel at Palomar Engineering. I needed to buy another focus motor and thoughts I would try Don's M-One motor. I sent an email to him on a Tuesday night here in Australia. 10minutes later there was a response from Don, he had woken up rather early that morning, said he couldn't sleep well. He had my email and gave me some payment options. I paid that night (Tuesday Australian time) and figured I would see it in a week or so. I had a phone call from FedEx in Australia on the Thurday saying it would be ready on Friday afternoon to pick up. I couldn't believe it! Super fast and easy to deal with. I took the motor to a job the following week and before I could even take the motor for a spin, the camera assistant told me he had lost the small sleeve / spacer that fitted to the matte box rails. We searched high and low, no sign of it. (probably turn up in 2 years in some odd place) I sent an email to Don asking for prices on the spacer and if I could buy one. He told me to forget the price, he would send me a new set of spacers for free. They turned up about 4 days later. I am so happy with the motor and just wrapped with Don's service. Normally the trip to Australia takes a while, Im guessing he is heading into FedEx with a shotgun and demanding a quick trip!

Just wanted to share this story as I feel bad service often gets more of a mention over great service.

Cheers,

Leigh Hubner

Steadicam / Camera / Jib
Queensland
Australia

PS Just landed my first big drama gig. It's an American drama being shot on the Gold Coast here in Australia. Seems to be several days a week at this stage, may increase over time. Absolutly loving it, even though Im shitting myself at the same time. Compared to TV, its a whole other world... but Im finding my feet! I will try and take some snaps of it next time Im there.

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Teradek

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

IDX

GPI Pro Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems