10 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 507 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:00 AM

Greetings from Warsaw, Poland. I was just watching TV, some old timers soccer game, and they featured an op with an Alien Revolution on a Hands Free as much as they were showing the game itself.

I am out here on a diplomatic mission where I intend to meet with Steadicam ops Marcin Bauer of Poland and Duli Diemannsberger of Austria. Actually I am here getting the hell out of LA for a while but I couldnt help posting to the forum.

Hope everyone is having a great Summer. Its hot as hell out here as well.

Dan

#2 Guido Lux

Guido Lux

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 161 posts
  • Munich/Germany

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:08 PM

Hi Dan!

I think it was the Michael Schumacher (F1-driver) charity game here in germany!?If so, the AR op on the handsfree was me! It was a first timer but they loved it!
I just did two other soccergames in a row with the nexus on the handsfree!! 5,5 hours continuous operating!!A real bitch!!

Guido "I hope the pain goes away" Lux

#3 MarkKaravite

MarkKaravite

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 332 posts
  • Detroit, Chicago, New York

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:49 AM

Dear Guido,

I have one main question about the hands free transporter. I have always found that I would rather be moving than standing still. Nothing more painful than the director who shoots a full mag master, only to decide to stay on Steadicam for the coverage, hence making us a human tripod.

Considering that you are basically standing still, is it more painful to use a hands free rig, instead of doing the shot the traditional way? I did a 125' move today, and I hard mounted to a Fisher. How many shots really require the hands free transporter, as opposed to other hard mount options?

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a very cool idea, and pulling out the AR on the hands free is taking it to a new level (of pain as well). I heard rumblings about a hard mount on the hands free, does anybody have further info on that?

I'm interested in your feedback.

Mark Karavite

#4 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:11 AM

I heard rumblings about a hard mount on the hands free, does anybody have further info on that?

More than just rumblings...

http://www.walterkla...mount/index.htm

#5 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:13 PM

Mark,

I did notice that my legs got a tad uncomfortable after awhile because you can't really stretch them out. One more reason why I think the controls should be via gimbal remote instead of your feet (maybe - I'll confess, I'd love to try this but....).

#6 Guido Lux

Guido Lux

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 161 posts
  • Munich/Germany

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:51 PM

Hi Mark!

I just picked up my hardmount from the handsfree guys!I tried the prototype at NAB for a couple of days when demonstrating the handsfree!I admit the prototype needed some changes!!Now it looks very much better!
I'll let you know how it works in a couple of days!

Alec,
I've been having the same problems with my feet whenn standing on the handsfree for a longer time! When I did the 2 soccergames in a row there was no chance (not the quitest!!) to stay on the handsfree all the time!
I also did the opening show(30mins) and the inbetween (45mins) and also the interviews after the two games!So it was 5,5 hours of operating!!Thats when I decided I just step on and of the handsfree at my convienence!20-25 mins on the handsfree...then 10-15 mins running and so on!Nedless to say that after 5,5 hours you're dead no matter how you operate!!

Guido "need bigger airpads in my shoes" Lux

#7 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:32 PM

Anyone seen this?
4 Wheels Segway

Could be nice to use with driver and the operator on the back?

#8 Todd Ferguson

Todd Ferguson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LA CA.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:06 PM

That is awesome! I think you're right it has potential for steadicam. A bench seat, platform's maybe? I wonder what wieght it can handle? Nice find.

Todd Ferguson.

#9 Guido Lux

Guido Lux

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 161 posts
  • Munich/Germany

Posted 08 August 2006 - 08:16 AM

Unfortunately they couldn't get a wireless for the first day...

Attached Files

#10 Guido Lux

Guido Lux

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 161 posts
  • Munich/Germany

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:25 AM

and another one...

Attached Files

#11 Guido Lux

Guido Lux

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 161 posts
  • Munich/Germany

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:29 AM

Just wanted to let you guys know: They loved it so much that they're trying to get the UEFA to approve the handsfree for the Champions League!!!First booking is out!!
We're "rollin'" now!!

Guido Lux

SkyDreams

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems

BOXX

IDX

rebotnix Technologies