Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Columbia, MD

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:14 PM

http://tinyurl.com/ggeqt

...at about the four minute mark.

Dang steadican ops...always upstaging the talent.

Care to share the story of this one?

#2 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:15 AM

Ummmm..... the director told me to do that.... really....

Actually, he did and I think I did it a few times. The clip is an exert from a DVD (that I've never seen) of Kevin Smith speaking around the country at various colleges telling a bunch of stories. I did the speech at Clark University in Worcester Massachusetts (circa 2000?????). Don't do a lot of "live events" (live to tape obviously) but I had a blast with this because Kevin Smith is just a great story teller. I was there mostly for audience shots and shots tying him to the audience (I forget how many cameras we had, but it was a ton). If I recall correctly, they had all cameras isolated, but were live switching too with me being an exception as I was not fed to the switcher but transmitting to a monitor so the director could see what I was doing (and I had a a Comtext on). I think Kevin spoke for nearly two hours? I rested for a couple of minutes at tape changes and battery changes.

Thanks for posting Dave. Fun to catch me, but even better to hear that story again because I was thinking about that when I saw Superman.

#3 Fred Davis

Fred Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Pasadena, CA

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

The clip is an exert(sic) from a DVD (that I've never seen) of Kevin Smith speaking around the country at various colleges telling a bunch of stories.

You lucky bastid... that's a hysterically funny DVD. You must have had a ball. 8-)
A sequel is rumored, but so far, only vapor-ware. Good on ya for snagging an excellent gig.

Ritter Battery

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Boland Communications

IDX

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Teradek

PLC - Bartech

BOXX