3 replies to this topic

#1 Marc_Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:25 PM

i saw this with the family and close neighbors last week, and i must say pixar did an amazing job at the tiny nuances (sp?) of what you saw in frame.. some of these shots lok like real life footage that was integerated in the movie.. the rubber peeling off the tires on the track.. the refletions in the cars paint... etc etc... it was simply amazing! i have never seen one of these pixar cartoon movies before but i was totally amazed...

ooh.. it was funny as heck and had a nice plot also.. so an all around fiun movie for all to watch...

#2 David Allen Grove SOC

David Allen Grove SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 870 posts
  • Los Angeles, California,

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:09 PM

I heard the steadicam in this movie was fantastic.

I think Ruben's Steadicam character from the Malibu 2005 workshop animation worked on this one. :o

#3 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:37 PM

The Pixar folks really do their research. It's been said to be one of the most realistic car movies ever made. Obviously not what you'd expect when the film is about animated, talking cars, but in addition to the fantasy, there are a number of mechanical and technical aspects featured in various ways that obey real world rules far more than many other live-action auto flicks.

#4 Marc_Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:05 AM

hey dave,
the operator must have had a AR because i saw no roll in the horizontal axis on those fast whip pans... !

next time i see a pixar article im going to read it. this movie was very well made. i know the render times were out of this world.. i think ill peek over at the sister site (cinematography.com) to see what they say...

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Omnishot Systems

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC - Bartech

Paralinx LLC