1 reply to this topic

#1 Hervé Colosio

Hervé Colosio

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 102 posts
  • France

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:16 AM

i've had some problems balancing my sled with a ZOE III on the gimbal , the cable of the zoe III gives spring like to the sled , and very hard to control don juan works .
this modification can help some of you who got the same problems .
first i've search a 7 wires tiny slackness cable , i've found that the computer mousse got this tiny cables .
so if you want to keep the RET and REC button you can use this .
RET and REC are not important for me on the gimbal , then i have search another cable , smaller , with 3 wires , just for the zoom control .
i've found that the lavallier microphone cables in 1 meter is absolutely soft, slackness and secured to disturbance. you just have to found a broken lavallier microphone .
i've put the cable on the ZOE III , and now it's like wireless .
i have try it on canon , fuji , with old one and new HD series , with titan near the cable , bartech emitter near the cable . no problems it work fine without disturb . :)
the only thing you have to do is modifying with the little screw the sensitivity of the ZOE and the 0 position with the big one.
here is some pictures

#2 Jason Torbitt

Jason Torbitt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 401 posts
  • Manchester, London UK

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:20 PM

That looks like a great (much needed) modification - it's been well documented on this forum about the cable issues with the Zoe, it looks like you have come up with the perfect fix. I just had the cable on mine replaced with a slightly thinner one, but it still doesn't offer the same flexibility as yours, by the looks of it.

Good work!

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

Camera Motion Research