2 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Drapkin

Rick Drapkin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there has an old master 5" monitor that they aren't using anymore. I was told at tiffen that the cost to replace the high voltage
power supply would cost $ 1250. for the part and 3 hours labor at $ 95 . an hour.
Anyone out there have any suggestions? Anyone out there flying the transvideo
6" cinemonitor III ? I'm interested in your feedback.

thank you ,

Rick " I'm in the wrong end of this business " Drapkin

drapkin4@adelphia.net (818) 980-4121

#2 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:36 AM

Hey Rick,

Didn't we tell you to stay away from that rig???

$1600.- Bucks doesn't sound to bad for a Monitor repair, especially for a High Voltage Power Supply. I remember my first estimate for my Power Supply for my PRO 1, $8000.- Plus... Before they declared it as a total loss.
I would take it in consideration. Also your Insurance should cover that repair, minus dedacable, if you have the Mechanical failire clause in your Policy.

Jon Myers has a Master Rig that he uses for Rentals, he also has a monitor that was living in his Living room the last time I saw it. The rig goes always out with a 7" Panasonic LCD.

Jon also uses his Transvideo Cine III on his own Rig as primary Monitor. You can contact him through this forum, he is a member, or call me for his number (818-448-2639).

Good Luck.

#3 WillArnot

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 292 posts
  • New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:38 AM

I know Ron Waters also has a backup 5" CRT for his Master rig, I sold him my old package. I had the whole sled overhauled at Tiffen, and that Hi-voltage power supply had to be replaced. Once they figured out that it was a problem they went ahead and replaced it without calling me. Cost about what you are talking about. But I coulda' killed 'em, cause I had that spare 5" sitting around I coulda taken the pwr. supply from.

Anyway now Ron has two really good 5" master CRT monitors, maybe he would want to sell you one.

You can reach him @ (917) 763 3744.

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

Camera Motion Research

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC