8 replies to this topic

#1 Ramon Engle

Ramon Engle

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 506 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:33 PM

I've been looking at geared heads. Does anyone have experience with the Technovision Technohead?

Ramon Engle

#2 RobVanGelder

RobVanGelder

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 919 posts
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:35 AM

Hi Ramon, the Technovision Technohead is a very well made head. I used it many times, but converted on a motion control rig, meaning it can be very precise.

It's a heavy head, though parts are made from Titanium and mostly (light blue) aluminium. It is not as smooth as a Arrihead, because it's drive mechanism is different, it also tends to move with more friction towards the end of the tilt.
But basically a very good head if it is well taken care off.

The gear in the tilt is a brass gear, and it must be in grease allways, I think it can be moved sideways to make a "new" track when it wears out.
Always transport with the gears unlocked and not touching each other. There is a special wedge for that.

It can come with 2 reducer gear boxes that you can attach between the handles and the main gear boxes.

#3 Ramon Engle

Ramon Engle

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 506 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:57 AM

Hi Ramon, the Technovision Technohead is a very well made head. I used it many times, but converted on a motion control rig, meaning it can be very precise.

It's a heavy head, though parts are made from Titanium and mostly (light blue) aluminium. It is not as smooth as a Arrihead, because it's drive mechanism is different, it also tends to move with more friction towards the end of the tilt.
But basically a very good head if it is well taken care off.

The gear in the tilt is a brass gear, and it must be in grease allways, I think it can be moved sideways to make a "new" track when it wears out.
Always transport with the gears unlocked and not touching each other. There is a special wedge for that.

It can come with 2 reducer gear boxes that you can attach between the handles and the main gear boxes.

Thanks Rob. In your part of the world do you ever see any for sale?

Ramon

#4 Simon Jayes

Simon Jayes

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 57 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

Hi Ramon,

I used to work for TechnoVision in England, and yes, the Technohead is a great head if it is looked after. As Rob mentioned, the gear reducers are a great accessory. You might try contacting Natasza Chroscicki at nchroscicki@technovision.fr to see if there are any for sale.

#5 Ramon Engle

Ramon Engle

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 506 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:24 AM

Hi Ramon,

I used to work for TechnoVision in England, and yes, the Technohead is a great head if it is looked after. As Rob mentioned, the gear reducers are a great accessory. You might try contacting Natasza Chroscicki at nchroscicki@technovision.fr to see if there are any for sale.

Right on Simon! Thanks

RE

#6 Christopher T. Paul- SOC

Christopher T. Paul- SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

does anyone make reduction gears that would work on my mini worral?

CP

#7 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

Speaking of mini-worrals, anyone know where to get parts & service? I need new cables as well as one of the little pins that acts as a thumb release to move the tilt-plate.

I had heard a rumor that a fellow in Arizona (?) had bought up all the parts from CP, but I have no confirmation. Any info would help.

Thanks.

#8 Ramon Engle

Ramon Engle

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 506 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

Alec try these guys.

http://www.transfilm.com/index.html

Ramon

#9 RobVanGelder

RobVanGelder

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 919 posts
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:13 AM

Thanks Rob. In your part of the world do you ever see any for sale?

Ramon

Nop, people here in Thailand are not too familiar with geared heads.

But I will ask my contact in Holland where he left his Technohead when he changed to Arrihead (in the MoCo-rig)

Boland Communications

Teradek

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Ritter Battery

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions