#1 Stephen Press

Stephen Press

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Wellington New Zealand

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

I was having a moan about an 80min continuous roll digital feature called ROAD I shot back in 2000. I just found a news item shot about it. See if you can tell just how unhappy I was. They used footage from the first run, so its not art (yes I know the verticals.) By the third run it was looking a lot better and I?d had a tantrum at the ?actors? about learning the few key cue lines they had so the end product was as good as it was ever going to be...

http://video.google....859494305587285

#2 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 444 posts
  • Almere, The Netherlands

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

I was having a moan about an 80min continuous roll digital feature called ROAD I shot back in 2000. I just found a news item shot about it. See if you can tell just how unhappy I was. They used footage from the first run, so its not art (yes I know the verticals.) By the third run it was looking a lot better and I?d had a tantrum at the ?actors? about learning the few key cue lines they had so the end product was as good as it was ever going to be...

http://video.google....859494305587285

Stephen.. what do you mean by moan ?? :lol:

Nice news item btw..

Best, Erik

#3 Stephen Press

Stephen Press

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Wellington New Zealand

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

Moan = complain. I can?t remember what topic it was under but I was running over some of the problems I had on that shoot? oh boy did I have problems on that shoot! 6 years latter I?m still mad over it? let it go Stephen, let it go.
The reporter was very kind to me and as a result of the positive press I got lots of paid work. So it wasn?t all bad.

#4 Marc_Abernathy

Marc_Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

well from the footage you cant tell what issues you had. the story was not written well but its cool they interviewed you and its weird to see someone operating goofy! :P i tried goofy once and it felt like i was learing to walk all over again... weird..

digress..

anytime i see some steadi in action i enjoy it so i enjoyed your fame.. man you look differrent from then and now in your avatar! :ph34r:

oh no.. i could not tell you were unhappy....

#5 RobVanGelder

RobVanGelder

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 919 posts
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:45 PM

What's weird about "Goofy" ???? :blink: :blink:

I do that all the time, unless I get hindered by obstacles that force me to go Regular, now that feels weird! ;) :D

#6 Stephen Press

Stephen Press

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Wellington New Zealand

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:20 AM

I hadn?t thought about it before but I surf goofy too. :D

It?s the huge black headphones that make me look different in the low res avatar, but I like the photo.

#7 Marc_Abernathy

Marc_Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:02 PM

ooh nothing against the goofys out there... it just weird feeling to me thats all. its like laft handed shooting... i

camera god, ooh those are phones on your head eh? lol yeah cant really tell. but i see the goofy goin on.. looks like your on a playing field of some sort...

#8 Stephen Press

Stephen Press

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Wellington New Zealand

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:43 PM

I was shooting Rugby. Hard work. You tend to fly the rig in front to the side you are running. So if you are running to the right you go goofy, to the left regular, just so long as you keep the rig away from those crazy flying feet :) .

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Boland Communications

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

SkyDreams

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

IDX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech