#1 Leigh Hubner

Leigh Hubner

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 32 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

Hi All

I know this is very 'off topic' but I was hoping someone might have an idea. I am buying a new Sony 970 Digibeta plus all the extras and I was hoping someone may know of some used gear still in great condition thats for sale. The items I want are:

PAL Sony 970 Progressive Digi Beta camera
Cannon or Fuji HD lenses. The wide angle must have a built in focus servo.
Chroziel Matte Box and rails

Not sure if you can help but I thought I would try. If someone knows of a good website that deals in used gear, please feel free to pass it on. Thanks for the help.

Leigh Hubner
Loose Cannon Films
+61 413 565 840

#2 Nick Bennett

Nick Bennett

• Sustaining Members
  • 28 posts
  • London

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:05 AM

Leigh, I think you might find it hard to find a used 970, most owner operators are selling their 790's and either replacing them with 970's for the prog scan or moving up to HDCAM.

Lenses follow the same story, owner operators generally hold on to this kind of kit as the low residuals after a few years work often mean you're better off keeping them for potential work.

Nick Bennett, DoP

#3 Brad Smith

Brad Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:00 PM

G'day Liegh, have you looked at Mandy - http://www.mandy.com/ often a good place to start looking for used broadcast gear. Also if you are shopping for smaller stuff globalmediapro (NZ) is usually alot cheaper than any of the dealers here in Oz, but then you have to risk warranty issues. There is another website, can't think of it now, will post later when it comes to me.

#4 Norbert von der Heidt

Norbert von der Heidt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 151 posts
  • Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:54 AM

Hi Leigh
Here's another couple of Australian places to check if you're not aware of them: www.broadcast-trader.com.au + www.sandavel.com.au .
Good luck with your search.

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

Camera Motion Research

PLC - Bartech

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies