No replies to this topic

#1 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 501 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:07 PM

For those of you looking for frameline generators, I found a very basic model at:

Dimensions are 4" x 3" x 1.5" and it's pretty lightweight.

Line position is controlled by means of 4 embedded potentiometers that you adjust with a tweaker. A switch controls if you want 4 lines (a box) or 2 (long crosshairs). You can switch between white or black lines and I paid extra for the option to have solid or dashed lines.

The unit is powered via 5V DC. I asked them to send me a cable with the appropriate plug on one end and stripped leads on the other in order to put the appropriate connector for my sled. I told them I'd be coming off 12V power so they built a regulator into the cable.

I believe Seitz used to have a very similar model (www.seitz.com), but they no longer make it. Their entire site is "Under Construction" so it won't do you much good other than to get a phone number for them. I spoke to two people there who told me that they had leftover parts and could put one together for me at a discount but never returned my calls so I finally gave up.

Colorado Video sent me their generator on a 2-week demo basis. I can either return it for no charge or keep it.

Transvideo has a feature-packed generator and one of these days (waaaaay far in the future after I dig myself out of debt) I'm sure I'll get one but for $400, the one from Colorado Video is much cheaper and fine for now.

Dan "A Dashed Line Kinda Guy" Coplan

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery