Photo

upgrading my arm from provid to....?.....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeroen van der Poel

Jeroen van der Poel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

hey folks, ive been training and training, and i kind of like the provid sled and mainly use the green screen monitor now. The gimbal can handle a lot of payload, and with a decimator everything works. But what i dont like is the provid arm.

Whatever i do after 30 seconds of operating there is always one arm segment that locks up (upright or down)and then the other goes as well because i want to maintain my camera height...

I really tried everything..its damm stiff , i would already be very happy with a arm that will stay horizontal, because if they lock up there is no vertical stablisation..

after i managed to learn how to control the gimbal, how to have a smooth walk, it seems to be pointless to proceed my study because right now the only think i concentrate is the arm..while i want to work on my framing and navigation! 

It seems to be a problem of a weak arm design, and also because its non iso elastic.

Because i want to become better and improve my craft iam thinking about upgrading to a different arm. That brings in two problems.

1: is there a assy bridge plate for my vest with the standard socket block? ( i have the older one which sucks) , i found a couple of them here: http://www.tiffen.com/results.html…, but dont know if they have the right dimensions for my vest (which i dont want to give up, because the vest fits quite nicely).

2 what would be a reasonable arm to look after ( i will operate a camera in between 12 and 32 pounds added the weight of the sled batteries and monitor i think that will be around 17- 40 pounds...)

I think my budget for the upgrade would be maximum 7k.

It needs to be reasonable because once i have a new arm i already know i want a new sled, or upgrade the top stage, hd monitor new wiring etc..

Iam just looking for something thats a hughe improvement considering that i have been training with this provid arm for two months!

Would love to hear your opinions!

(p.s. here s a poor picture of my rig, i added some weights in a small cardboard box with velcron to my battery, its now hundred percent in dynamic balance!) 

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Teradek

Wireless Video Systems

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Ritter Battery

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC