No replies to this topic

#1 Chris Konash

Chris Konash

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 111 posts
  • New Jersey

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:40 PM

Last week I received my new clipper 2 system from Tiffen.
Everything is great, Looks to have every part new or redesigned!

Totally new ultra vest, new clamps, straps, spar, and more, very nice.

Sled is awesome, rock solid tilt stage, with the new quick release dove tail plate, all new connections for power, video, HD video, tally. The post is also nice, it's a compromise with the ultra because it only extends about half as far but it is still quite long. The new post clamps are GREAT, very nice redesign.

The Arm is the new G50, and it is a huge step up in technology from the previous arms. Now they have a mid weight 50 lb arm that has huge range and is just so smooth, MID RANGE PRICE TOO.

I quickly loaded it up (HD-Pro Cam, M-One, Bartech, Batts, etc) and then static balanced it, went to go for a dynamic balance and everything went well took about a min and everything was in tune. But I noticed a noise coming from what I think is the main gimbal bearing. I did my best to narrow it down and I am 90% sure that is what it is. Kyle at Tiffen said they have never had a problem with that part of a gimbal. Well the sled is on it's way back to CA and they assure me it will take only a day or two to find the exact problem and repair it.

I am not here to bust on Tiffen because they have been nothing but great regarding this and I am totally happy with everything. I am just wondering if anyone has ever had a new gimbal or even an old gimbal making a rubbing / grinding noise when it is in a flat vertical spin?

Other than that I am very happy with everything about the new clipper 2 system, the new redesigned pieces make all the difference. (thanks, garret, jerry, etc....)

Camera Motion Research

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery