• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rory_Moles

Rory_Moles

• Sustaining Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hi

should a practise rig be similar to the type you eventually want to use, or are the principles the same with a lightweight rig and a heavy rig ? I have the possibility to buy a Steadicam Flyer (the original one) and I would really like to have my own rig to practise on but don't want to outlay a fortune until I am sure its for me.

tia

Rory

#2 Steve Minnick

Steve Minnick

• Sustaining Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

Hi
should a practise rig be similar to the type you eventually want to use, or are the principles the same with a lightweight rig and a heavy rig ? I have the possibility to buy a Steadicam Flyer (the original one) and I would really like to have my own rig to practise on but don't want to outlay a fortune until I am sure its for me.

tia

Rory

the basic principles are the same ... I would say if you have a good deal on the Flyer- try it... just be careful as the resale on Flyers and most under "5g steadicams" is currently not that good. I've had mine for sale over a year with barely any serious interest.
With that said - I was glad to learn on the Flyer as it was easier to jump to a big sled after.

Hope that helps

Steve

#3 John Dy

John Dy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:45 PM

I thought resale is a good buy. Any other tips on what to look for when it comes to 5g steadicams? 

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Teradek

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems

SkyDreams

IDX

Varizoom Follow Focus

Ritter Battery