3 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Chameides

Dave Chameides

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:50 PM

Hey All,
Strange question here. My PRO bats (old school type) are in the process of taking a major dump (apparently the AC on the job I did today thinks they should charge higher than 13.8!). I'm researching recelling them with the equivalant of the hytron-50s and am still a few days shy of making a decisions as I am waiting on some info. All that said, anyone have a batt or two lying around that they might lend me for a week or so? I know it's a long shot but I figured I'd check. Otherwise, I'll just talk them out of shots or start telling them long stories to kill time while my batts charge.

Email me at thegreaseguy@earthlink.net if you can help a bruthaa out.

Thanks

dave

#2 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:50 AM

where are you located? I had mine recelled/rebuilt by PRO (sent to their guy in AZ) last year and the price was not too bad. Took about 4 days. You could do a few at a time if you can't find any.

I knew someone (name escapes me) who recelled their old style batts with hytron cells instead of the nicads...it shaved about a pound off the sled.

Ron B

#3 Dave Chameides

Dave Chameides

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:34 AM

where are you located? I had mine recelled/rebuilt by PRO (sent to their guy in AZ) last year and the price was not too bad. Took about 4 days. You could do a few at a time if you can't find any.

I knew someone (name escapes me) who recelled their old style batts with hytron cells instead of the nicads...it shaved about a pound off the sled.

Ron B

Ron,
You had yours recelled with the old style cells right? I've heard about the weight change but that's easily fixed.
I'm in Hollywood.

dave

#4 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:05 PM

I considered upgrading to the newer style pro batt cage and hytrons, but decided to just re-cell with nicads. I was on a show (with the batts behaving worse everyday) and it was the quickest, easiest solution. Thought it would last me a year or two while I decide what's next sled-wise. On a side note, this re-cell was my first since I bought the sled new in Jan '98. They worked very well for 6 years and ok for the last year.

I think it was under $1500 for the re-build, re-cell, and shipping. Upgrading was nearly $10k with new chargers, at least a dozen hytrons, new pro cage, cases etc.

I'm also in Hollywood.

Ron B

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Teradek

IDX

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems