• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Starborg

Dan Starborg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Hi i'm not sure if this is the right discussion place but i couldn't find a similar post anywhere.

I was wondering what people would recommend as power options/cables for powering numerous accessories from the rig. Currently i have a Steadicam shadow and use a 3 pin lemo to 4x dtap (ptap) splitter to power my bartech and bolt. I then use the main power socket to power the camera.

I was wondering if i used the free dtaps to power a cinetape and or wave would i be drawing too much power from the 3pin lemo?
Should i split the power to the camera to feed one of the others or is there a better option? I have hirose as well but i know you can't draw too much from them.
Happy to hear any suggestions and to hear what how you approach this issue. I would prefer not to fly with the camera battery if possible.
Many thanks
Dan

#2 RobinThwaites

RobinThwaites

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Pinewood UK

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:46 AM

Hey Dan

You have plenty of options, probably easiest if you give me a call 01753 783960.

Robin

#3 Dan Starborg

Dan Starborg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:13 AM

Many thanks Robin, i'll be in touch soon. Sorry for late reply been away with work.

All the best

Dan

#4 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

You can also look at https://mediablackout.net/ they make all kind of cables. They have some stock on common ones and can also do custom orders. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steadicam shadow

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

IDX

GPI Pro Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Boland Communications

SkyDreams