Lisa Sene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious to hear how people case their arms. I'm looking for a hard case for my G-50X arm, and so far am striking out finding one that is the proper size - most get close with two dimensions, but the third makes the case too large. Ideally I would like the case to house the arm only, and I'm looking for a hard case for travel and better protection. 

Happy flying!

Lisa

#2 Louis Puli SOC

Louis Puli SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Australia ,New Zealand

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

Hi Lisa 

This is my case for my Pro arm buy you should be able to do the same with yours .It's a Pelican 1600 .The height of the case was the most important point as it douse not lay flat .

For me I preferred it to a much flatter gun like case .

Attached Files

#3 David M. Aronson

David M. Aronson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 306 posts
  • Arlington, VA

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

Any reason for keeping the arm separate from the vest? The padded soft case it comes with the arm inside the vest inside a 1620 works quite well for my g50.

#4 Lisa Sene

Lisa Sene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Louis! I'll measure it out and see if that will fit my arm. I was originally going for a Storm case because I like the button-style openers, but they don't seem to have one with the right dimensions for the arm - the closest one ends up being so wide it's almost the size of my sled case, and until I get a larger car that's not an option with my existing cases and plans to buy a cart soon. 

David, yes I have multiple reasons for keeping it separate. First, I have an Exovest, and since I like to keep it set up for me to wear right out of the case (set for a small frame overall on the vest), the arm in the soft bag mashes the pads too much for my liking if I store the arm inside the vest. Since it's memory foam, I wasn't fond of storing or traveling with it that way. The other reason is I live in a third floor walk-up with a narrow staircase, so I try to keep my cases relatively light for that reason - don't need to be tired before I've even finished loading the car, not to mention coming home after a long day and hauling them back upstairs (while trying not to wake up my two year old neighbor on the other side of the wall)! 

#5 Richard W. Davis

Richard W. Davis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 230 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:32 PM

Lisa,

You can also do a case with the arm folded in half and foam cut to support that.   Has a smaller footprint case wise...  Its what i have used for 10 years on my PRO arm.  John Hankammer is who I first saw do this.  Fits nicely on bottom of cart.  Sorry my cases are on the camera truck through the holidays or I would do a picture.

Rich Davis

LA

#6 Lisa Sene

Lisa Sene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:39 PM

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply! I had thought of folding the arm and storing in that position; good to know you are using that method with success. Do you have a case that fits those dimensions without a lot of excess room? I'm not sure if I searched for a case with the dimensions of the arm while folded - will do so tonight. 

Happy flying!

Lisa

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Omnishot Systems

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

IDX

SkyDreams

Teradek

Ritter Battery