Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:43 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

too much inspector gadget?

what monitors are you guys using for video village? im thinking about some sony 19 inchers for VV...

sony has some medical grade monitors that im eyeballing....

did not find much info on this in the forum and i cant look at the acrhives from where i am currently....

#2 Tom Wills

Tom Wills

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 384 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:01 PM

what monitors are you guys using for video village? im thinking about some sony 19 inchers for VV...

did not find much info on this in the forum and i cant look at the acrhives from where i am currently....

I've got one of the Sony Medical monitors at work. It's decent, good enough picture quality, decent inputs, and looks okay considering that it was pretty cheap. Our Sony Production Monitors blow it out of the water though. The quality on it is good, but it's not perfect. They'd be decent for a director's monitor though.

Edited by TomW, 03 January 2006 - 06:01 PM.

#3 Kenn Ferro SOC

Kenn Ferro SOC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Los Angeles and The Wine Country

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

too much inspector gadget?

I can hear it now, "Don't have anything with bigger screen" I can barely see the action" It probably is a cool gadget to own though, But the big question is can you get a rental for it?
BTW if you a need a list of the local GA (Gadgeteers Anonymous) chapters in your area, I can forward it to you.:D

Edited by taliesin, 03 January 2006 - 06:12 PM.

#4 Marc_Abernathy

Marc_Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

forward on brother!

yeah fleabay has those medical monitors for cheap and the comapny whos selling them are local to me! so i save on shipping costs. im going to snag 2 of them but i was wondering what you Smooth Operators think about that particuilar monitor...

#5 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

just bring a good reciever and a couple of shark-fins, let them bring/rent their own monitors. All they do is bitch about image-size..."the color is wrong, can't see it in the sun, there's no cup holders etc..."

ron b

#6 Marc_Abernathy

Marc_Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

hey ron, thanks for replying..

i went ahead and picked up 2 of the above mentioned medical monitors.. they are some behemoths!! didnt know they were THAT big.. well 19 inch monitor.. i should have guessed..

IDX

SkyDreams

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Omnishot Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

BOXX