2 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas Davidoff

Nicholas Davidoff

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 235 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted Yesterday, 12:57 PM

I know this has been dealt with before but I'm wondering if there have been any new developments. Production wants us to sign a "Box rental form". They understand it's "equipment" rental and not "Box" rental and all that, but the corporation still requires the form to be signed to process payment. The following line on the form is very worrisome. You explain all this to accounting and the UPM and they just shrug. If you wanna get paid you have to sign this.

How do you guys deal with this? Just sign and hope for the best?

"Employee/Loanout agrees that the equipment herein is rented to [company] for use under Employee/Loanout’s direction and control. Employee/Loanout is responsible for any damage to or loss of such equipment and hereby waives any claims against [company] for any loss or damage of any kind, unless caused by the sole negligence or willful misconduct of  [company] [company] shall have no obligation to indemnify Employee/Loanout against any losses or damages, or to provide any insurance coverage for the benefit of Employee/Loanout covering the equipment herein described."

#2 Brant S. Fagan SOC

Brant S. Fagan SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 405 posts
  • Charlestown, New Hampshire, USA

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 PM

I just cross out the 'offending' words, clauses, and/or sentences, initial it, and then sign.  This is, of course, working under the 'assumption' that Production has issued me/you a COI.

#3 Nicholas Davidoff

Nicholas Davidoff

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 235 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted Yesterday, 11:10 PM

I tried that before Brant, it just gets bounced back. If it goes through it's probably because they didn't notice the cross outs.

Camera Motion Research

IDX

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications

VidOvation

Teradek

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus