Photo

Does the C300 MK2 output HD/SDI when in slow mode?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 654 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:48 PM

Hi folks.

Was on a job recently and it was with all C300 MK2 camera bodies.

At one point, the Director says, lets do that but at 60fps,then a little faster.  No worries we say. We are shooting in 2K and the AC switches to the speed and all of a sudden, no video, so I plug in the cable from the back of the camera ( MON Out straight to the monitor ( Transvideo HD6 Silver knob Evolution), nothing, I plug it directly into a Panasonic Broadcast 17", Nothing, I pull out my CInetronic GEN 1 7", ..Nothing. We switch back to regular speed, Got picture, several AC's tried their hand at it and nothing, so we kept rolling at 23.98, later in the shoot, a guy walks up and says "Ah, the MK2, we have one at my agency, and it's a love hate relationship", I ask why, he says, " Cause we can't see anything out the BNC's when we shoot slow mo!". So... What are we missing here folks?

I tested this with all 6 cameras and nothing!. I must be missing something, It's not possible that Canon made an upgrade to their C300 and decided that if your in 2K ( which outputs a regular 1080 picture just fine), you would not be able to monitor externaly the picture if rolling at a higher frame rate...

School me, Cause I just don't know!.

Thanks in advance,

Ozzie

#2 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1211 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

I've had this same issue on Late Night With Seth Meyers a while back. Slow mo, no picture on my DP7 HiBright, No picture on my DP6. I ended up shooting it looking at the top monitor... 

#3 Michael Desiderio

Michael Desiderio

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 95 posts
  • New York

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:15 AM

I've had this same issue on Late Night With Seth Meyers a while back. Slow mo, no picture on my DP7 HiBright, No picture on my DP6. I ended up shooting it looking at the top monitor... 

I had a similar issue except that my monitor did get video signal.  However it became disabled on wireless video feed.  Switching back to 23.98 re-enabled the wireless video.  It either resolved itself after a couple of reboots or changing the output frequency fixed it, can't remember but it worked....

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

Teradek

Boland Communications

IDX

Camera Motion Research

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions